The Director of Operations will oversee the day-to-day activities of our retail locations, with a focus on maximizing studio revenue and occupancy as we continue to grow our footprint.
The Director of Operations will oversee the day-to-day activities of the company, with a focus on maximizing studio revenue and occupancy at our two retail locations (Flatiron and Upper East Side, and growing). You will ensure that the organization is performing efficiently and effectively by putting in place standards and procedures to ensure success. You will provide leadership as a self-motivated, people-focused manager with a passion for wellness and excellent guest experience.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for the Stretch*d brand, Method and culture. It is crucial that you are interpersonally savvy with a strong business acumen and the ability to creatively problem-solve on the fly. You should be internally-motivated, results-focused, and possess a sense of ownership for the businesses’ performance. You should be someone who loves the balance of being on the move by spending time in our spaces and events throughout the New York region, as well as time at your desk to plan and organize.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Business + Operational Leadership
- Oversees the excellent performance of our NYC locations, by setting and enforcing standards, procedures and goals
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Supports creation of P&L and manages P&L of the NYC retail locations.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in each division to achieve financial objectives.
- Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
Leadership + People Management
- Provides regular support and feedback for team of Operations Coordinator, Managers, Stretch*rs, Face*ssagers and Advis*rs.
- Responsible for hiring, training, performance evaluations and terminations if needed.
- Ensures onboarding and training standards are top notch
- Works closely with the President and Director of Training to ensure that Stretch*rs and Face*ssagers meet and exceed technical and guest standards
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Ensures staffing needs are met and are within budgets
- Ensures accurate payroll reports for all space level teams.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
Guest Experience + Community
- Acts as a liaison between company-wide brand, marketing, operations initiatives and our spaces
- Acts as an ambassador for the Stretch*d brand through community outreach and other marketing initiatives
- Works with Director of Marketing to roll out initiatives to drive in-space revenue, client retention and attract new clients
- Oversees and attends events and marketing related efforts
- Identifies trends in customer feedback and recommend solutions
- Develops and fosters strong, strategic relationships with local businesses and communities
- Lives and breathes Stretch*d Core values to set a positive image of the organization to employees, clients, industry, and community.
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- BS/BA required, with a specialty in Business, MBA a plus
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and in requires regular travel to our NYC locations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, and phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit at a computer workstation and work for prolonged periods; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Reports to: President
Position Type: This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include (1) why you’d be a great fit for the role and (2) your favorite way to ‘get loose!’
Stretch*d was founded in 2018 as the premier brand in the one-on-one assisted stretching and recovery category, offering clients the most effective and feel good way to “get loose.” Through our two New York City locations (growing from two to more in 2024 and beyond), we are on a mission to make recovery an essential part of every body’s routine. Stretch*d recently joined Good Feet Holdings, the global leader in custom arch supports through its 250 stores nationwide. This is an opportunity to be a key employee at an emerging brand in a hot sector of the wellness market.